A lot of Hollywood celebrities has come out and are still coming out with pomp and pageantry to identify as transgender but the question on most lips or mind is how did they do it? What really happened? How long did it take? And a host of others……..
This post is to part the curtain just a little bit to reveal what goes on behind the scene beyond the photo-shoot, paparazzi and the red carpet.
The whole process can take one to two years or more and cost can run into thousands of dollars or pounds or millions of Naira.
- Intense extensive psychological evaluation is required, because once the change is complete there is no going back. Psychologically, transgender people need to fit in with their gender identity.
- Hormone replacement therapy is necessary to increase the production of oestrogen in the body which in turn limits the growth of facial hair and encourage breast budding.
- Surgical procedure comes next. This is where the bulk of surgical procedure is carried out. It is the surgical procedure (or procedures) by which a transgender person’s physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble that of their identified gender (ref: wikipedia).
You can’t get rid of a prominent Adam’s apple by taking oestrogen. It includes but not limited to the following;
- The Face:
- The Adam’s apple can be shaved down.
- Rhinoplasty is performed to give patients a feminine nose that is smaller and slightly less wide.
- The forehead can be shaved down until it is smoother and flatter. This is procedure is carried out by a cranial facial surgeon and specialized tools are used when a patient is anesthetized.
- Breast enlargement/augmentation is also an early procedure.
- Liposuction is one of the earliest procedures in any transformation. Fat is removed from the waist and re-positioned on the hips to increase the feminine waist to hip ratio.
The fat is transferred within 20 minutes so it is still living tissue.
It is estimated that about 20-30 per cent of the transferred fat will dissolve and not ‘take’ but the rest will stay in situ and develop its own blood supply.
Women are also very keen to have this procedure done to achieve a ‘hyper feminine’ hour glass look.
- Genital reconstruction surgery
- Penectomy: surgical removal of the penis.
- Surgical construction of a vagina, by means of penile inversion.
READ MORE: http://www.hippocraticpost.com/